- Assures utilities that they have implemented the standard correctly and their solution will provide consistent, reliable data and work with other Green Button data-enabled solutions—ensuring seamless ecosystem expansion.
- Speeds data-sharing implementation time-to-market and assures a secure data-sharing experience for customers.
- Ensures utilities and their customers they are gaining the full functionality and capabilities of the standard. See the two-page Green Button CMD data sheet to learn more about the full functionality of Green Button CMD.
- Ensures secure transmission of data and customer privacy; positioning utilities to meet regulations for customer privacy.
- Subsequently displaying a Green Button CMD testing mark on the data custodian’s site informs customers and third-party developers that the utility solution has been tested for Green Button standards-compliance and will provide a seamless experience.
Utilities that are developing data-access and -sharing solutions or new services that leverage customer data can contact the Green Button Alliance to ensure they are developing to the Green Button standard.