ProgrammableWeb, a widely known source of news and information for Internet-based application programming interfaces (APIs), just published a series in their API University section written by Dr. Martin J. Burns, with an introduction by Dr. David A. Wollman, both of the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) on Green Button and its use of OAuth:
- Intro: Understanding the Green Button API Initiative and Why It Matters
- Part 1: Getting To Know The Primary Use Cases of The Green Button API initiative
- Part 2: Understanding The Requirements and Standards Behind The Green Button API Initiative
- Part 3: How Green Button Ingeniously Extended The OAuth Standard Without Forking It
- Part 4: How The Green Button API Initiative Takes Advantage of OAuth's Scope Parameter
- Part 5: How Green Button Made The "Pull-Only" OAuth Standard Support Push APIs Too
- Conclusion: How Can Other API Implementations Benefit From Green Button's OAuth Inventions?